1. Flu vaccine is recommended for all children and adults 6 months and older. We have the current season's flu vaccine in stock through June. Get vaccinated! It's a seat belt for your immune system. This is especially important this year with COVID-19.
2. The shingles (SHINGRIX) vaccine works! This 2-shot series is recommended for everyone 50 yrs and older, even if you had the old shingles vaccine. The 2nd dose is given 2-6 months after the first dose.
3. We offer eight vaccines for our patients: Human Papilloma Virus/HPV (GARDASIL 9), Influenza (Fluarix), Meningitis/MenACWY (MENVEO) and Meningitis/MenB (BEXSERO), PNEUMOVAX 23, Prevnar 20, Shingles (SHINGRIX) and Tdap (BOOSTRIX).
4. Gardasil-9 (HPV) vaccine is now FDA-approved up to age 45 years and covered by most insurances. This 3-shot vaccine series (only 2 shots if started < 15 years of age) is recommended for everyone 9-26 years of age. Those 27-45 years should consider getting it.
5. Your best resource for adult and pediatric vaccine information: www.vaccineinformation.org
6. We invite the Mid-South community to receive their vaccines with no appointment required during our office hours! You do not have to be a patient of our clinic. Almost all insurance plans cover vaccines 100% so it's FREE!
7. Pediatric immunizations information from the American Academy of Pediatrics: https://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/aap-health-initiatives/immunizations/Pages/Immunizations-home.aspx
1. Tdap: every 10 years
2. Influenza: annually in the fall but no later than the end of October
3. Meningitis B: 2 dose primary series at least 4 wks apart for BEXSERO, 3rd dose 1 year later, then subsequent doses every 2-3 years (per 6/27/19 CDC recommendation)
4. Meningitis ACWY: initial 2 dose series separated by at least 8 weeks then every 5 year booster dose
5. Hib: one dose after spleen is removed
6. Prevnar-20: one dose for 18-65 years then again at age 65 yrs at least 5 years from the first
A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1
We are a veteran-owned business #GOAIRFORCE MEMPHIS ALLERGY www.memphisallergy.org
Let everyone else call your idea crazy...just keep going. Don't stop. Don't even think about stopping until you get there, and don't give much thought to where "there" is. Whatever comes, just don't stop. -Phil Knight, Founder Nike, 1962
Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men. Proverbs 22:29
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. -Steve Jobs
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen -Michael Jordan
Copyright © 2017 The Tankersley Clinic, PLLC